This is another quick and practical project. I have made my own lingerie before (such as an unblogged Watson Bra and these Acacia Undies), but I didn’t really have the time or inclination this time around! Instead I bought this bra recently, though to be useful for everyday it needs to be nursing friendly so I decided to make the modifications myself.
You can buy kits like this one to convert your bra, but I decided to just buy the clips and elastic that I needed separately. First job is to measure the width of the current strap elastic to buy the right clip size, and unpick the elastic from the top of the cup.
Once it’s been taken apart, the clips can be put into position and sewn up.
Next job is to attach elastic from the strap clip to the bottom of the cup. This stops you from losing your strap back over your shoulder when it is unclipped.
In all, a pretty useful little modification. It always feels good to do some sewing that will really get lots of use. Now I really must get on with that graduation dress!
2 thoughts on “Bra Modification”